Quick way to fill relationships?

Hello community,

is it possible to edit multiple relationships at the same time?

It would save a lot of time if I don't have to make each assignment individually.

Kind regards

Jonas

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    Fourth Anniversary 250 Likes 100 Comments 5 Answers
    edited March 2020

Dear Jonas Trompeter,

managing relationships is possible for single relations between 2 Entities and members. In BOARD Database / Relationship function.

Same can be done in DataView or ATO Pager.

If you want to assign all unmanaged relations to a specific one you also find a function inside the relationship menue.

Additively it is possible to change relations using nexel (Nexel ).

Finally you can use a datareader but you have to provide a file or table which delivers the wished relations.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee, Community Captain
    250 Likes Fourth Anniversary 100 Up Votes 100 Comments

Hi Jonas Trompeter,

from my point of view, the easiest way to achieve what you're looking for would be to export the actual tree to a csv file, edit it according to your needs (maybe in EXCEL, where you can use filters) and re-import the relationships using a newly setup datareader (as Alexander Kappes mentioned).

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• HI Alexander Kappes,

can you please explain for me how the mentioned "Default" function works exactly?

Is this funtion static or does it work with regular DataReaders filling up the Entity als well?

My idea is to assign all relations to a specific entity member - lets say "n.a." by default. A DataReader now may deliver new entity members (which are related to "n.a." by the default-option?!) and at the same time reassess those members where relationshsips are availibe from the source?

(My aim is to have no missing relationships within the tree after daily imports from the source...)

thank you

• Dear Florian Lübbing,

the Default function inside the relationships can only be executed manually through the user. The function sets all unmanaged relationships to the defined member.

For the case all unmanaged relations should been set to "not available" you have the opportunity to extract your tree and reload it through ASCII reader. When you set all the codes to "Append" and the descritptions to "Replace" the not available member will be inserted for free, if needed.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Hi Florian Lübbing,

if i understand you right you have a daily import of entity members and the source you have got no relationship to the parent entity. After import you define relationship between those entities in BOARD. Right ?!

A possible way could be to extract the relation (tree of entity) before the datareader starts. Then configure your datareader for new entity members with the ETL Function of BOARD to set every entity member to a parent e.g. "not available". After that import configure a new datareader that loads your extracted tree (Code for child entity and code for parent entity) and assign the parents for the entity members you already have defined in BOARD. This will remap all known entity members to their parents.

With this configuration you have your new entity members assigned to "not available" and your known members to the parents they had before.

good luck

Dietmar Jeschkeit