Update SQL DB

Options

I know that I can create an infocube using RDB.  My ODBC connect is set with user who has read and write rights.  Can I update my SQL Table with Entity data or MDB inforcube data using the RDB infocube?  How do I accomplish this task?

Thank you for your help.

Tuyet-Lan Faber

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi Tuyet-Lan Faber,

due to the fact that your question is very general, I only can suggest you to read the follwoing part of our manual Rolap Cubes  and it would be also useful to see following E-Education Video https://boardeducation.talentlms.com/unit/view/id:2171 

Please keep in mind, that for writing back data to a relational DB, the entities in board has to be a Primary Key in your relational Database

regards

Björn

• Jessica Saavedra
    Jessica Saavedra Active Partner
    New Community Member First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
    edited September 2021
    Options
    Hi!

Good afternoon!

Björn Reuber can you share again the update of the links showed above, please?
    I have a similar question and I am looking information about this post, thank you.

Kindly regards,

------------------------------
    Jessica Saavedra
    Consultant
    BOARD Mexico
    Mexico
    -------------------------------------------
  • Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited September 2021
    Options

Hi @Jessica Saavedra,

the first thing is: go to Board Reference Manual (boardmanual.com), then search for "ROLAP"; this will give you a result like this https://www.boardmanual.com//Rolap_Cubes.htm.
    The second link doesn't seem to work. But, you can log in to the e-learning, search for "ROLAP" and this will yield

Hope that helps
    Helmut

Helmut Heimann
    Senior Consultant
    Board Community
    Germany
    -------------------------------------------