data entry in a dataview with filters applied

Options

Hi all,

I have a cube which contains both future forecast and past forecast (forecast created previously). There are three dimensions for the cube - Product, Market and Month

The requirement I got is to show both past forecast and future forecast in a chart, but only show the future forecast in a dataview which allows users to edit. Both chart and dataview are on the same screen, so any forecast changes can be reflected in the chart.

I noticed if I add a filter in the "Select" tab in the dataview, then the data entry is not allowed anymore. So, my question is how can I only show partial data of a cube in a dataview and allow data entry in the meantime? Thanks a lot.

Kevin

Tagged:

Answers

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi, you can select the two years in the chart using tab "Select", and remove the selection in the tab "Select" of the  dataview. You must select only one year in the screen selection.

Bye

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Kevin,

The way we resolve this issue is indeed similar to what marcsamu proposes.
    However, as the select statement in a chart is static, we select "ALL" months available in the db and use a time horizon cube to filter dynamically the months.

In this way, every month the forecasting cycle kicks in, the time horizon cube gets repopulated and the graph will demonstrate the correct period dynamically.

The dataview instead will follow the screen selection filters and another locking cube per month avoids the user from making adjustments in the past.

Obviously this example is by months, but could also be done by day, week,...

All the best,
    Jonathan

• Hi Marcsamu, Jonathan,

Thank you very much, what you suggested are really useful.

Regards,

Kevin