Default Selector Member Selections

Options
Dinesh Chand
Dinesh Chand Active Partner
First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Likes

I have a capsule with various screens with selectors for Scenario, Year and Company. I have labels that allows the user to navigate between screens. As I navigate between screens I would like the selections in the target screen to default to the previous screen. I use "Go To Sceen" and "Apply Data Selection" options. This works fine. However, this also resets the Screen Range so that the Selectors end up having a single member only available for selection.

For example, I am in screen A and I have selected Year 2018 using a Pager (that has several Years listed). I then go to screen B. The Year selection in Screen B defaults to 2018. However, I am unable to use the Pager to select any other year (since the Screen Range has been updated by the "Apply Data Selection" option).

What are the options to navigate between screens, pass the current selection settings but not lose other members from pagers and selectors? (And I don't want to use the Screen Range option).

Answers

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

in the selector you can activate "show inactive elements" option.

it seems not available in Pager.

I use it rarely, only if I need to select one member at a time. If not the selector provides the same functionalities.

Some ideas:

-  add a selector on the same entity of the pager and with option "show all" active

- if the screens have the same default selection, you can set a procedure that applies such selection. A button on the screen will allow the user to set it.

hope thsi helps

by the way, what's the Screen Range option?

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Dinesh Chand,

what Board version are you using? I've done a test with 10.1.2 and it works if both screens have the same pager. I start from screen 1, where select by pager a year and a budget version:

when I press on GO TO SCREEN (a label that open screen 2 applying selecton), I obtain this:

The pagers show the correct year and version, and the selection is not applied to this entities. If I remove the pager of the version, and I do again, it apply the selection:

Bye

• Dinesh Chand
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

That is the exact behaviour I want to see but don't.  I am on 10.1.4.  

• Dinesh Chand
    Options

Sorry meant Select Range :-)

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Hi Dinesh Chand.  I have a system where users can select properties from a search session.  This final list of properties is then stored in a cube with only the property entity and the user entity.  Once saved, users can apply the selection to any screen they like, or remove it. Whilst this is a developed solution, I think the principle is one that you could use.

To do this, create a cube with just the entity setting you want to capture.  Create a procedure which will dataflow the selected items to this cube which will result in only the selected items obtaining a value of 1 against each.  Once this has been achieved, you can use this cube in a procedure to select entity based on a cube.  With  a pager on the target screen, you would be able to cycle through the list of values on that screen.

Let me know if you would like to discuss this solution further and I will put something together.