String Algorithms

Options

Hello everyone,

is there algorithms on Strings on Board?

thanks!

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

Dear Fethi Zerara,

do you talk about BOARD Layouts and the Column Algorithm?

For this case you can set your Algorithm to Text to get the wished Format.

Hope it helps.

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Fethi ZERARA
    Fethi ZERARA Active Partner
    May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

Well i'd like to Repeat a letter 5 times for example for on occurence and  6 times for another in the same cube , is that possible? ( i  wanna use a loop to get the same length in every occurence of the cube)

• Hi Fethi Zerara,

you might want to check out the nexel functions as listed in this document: Nexel Complete Formulae library 

Hope this helps.

Best regards,

Bettina

• Fethi ZERARA
    Fethi ZERARA Active Partner
    May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

Bettina Clausen the problem is that i'd like to use these algorithms in th data flow, would you have a solution? 

Thank you?

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Fethi Zerara,

well you can do this with an IF Statement, but this is more static than the nexel approach for the front end.

For the if you need another block, which defines the case to choose and the if has to look like:

if(checkcube = occurence1, 11111, 111111)

In general it would be fantastic to describe the real need in the first post, because it is much easier to find solutions, when the case is known

regards

Alexander Kappes