user picture

Options

Hello everyone,

i would like to know if there is way to attribute to every user in BOARD  his personal picture and to show it up in Screens!

Thank you!

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Fethi Zerara,

thanks for your request.

Starting from BOARD 10.3 you are able to insert Pictures for the Users in HTML5 Client. This can be used e.g. for the Chat.

If you want to use in Screens you have the following opportunity.

You insert User Dimension (Entity) inside your Database and create a BLOB Cube on this where you can insert the pictures.

The User Dimension can be loaded through DataReader or filled manually.

Hope it helps.

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Fethi ZERARA
    Fethi ZERARA Active Partner
    May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

but how can i detect which user is using the screen?

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

really easy.

You just insert custom selection script inside your database profiles like:

The Name User on the left must be the Name of your Entity.

When you have done this and the users Connect to BOARD only one member of the user Dimension is selected.

When you insert a DataView with the BlobCube which contains the Picture you just see the Picture of the Special user.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

Fethi Zerara wrote:

but how can i detect which user is using the screen?

for me this sounds like a different question. If you need to know which user opens which screen (or when a screen was opened by a user), just use or standard logging: BOARD LOGs in detail

Regards

Björn

• Fethi ZERARA
    May Badge of the Month Community Captain First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights
    Options

Thank you so much!

now i'd like to know if i can put BlobCube in a label ? i want to put the picture in a label!

• Alexander Kappes
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

unfortuantely it is not possible to use a Blob Cube inside a Label.

But you can Format a DataView, that only the value cell is shown.

When you overlay the dataview with a empty Label all functions of the dataview are diabled and nobody will see the difference.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Andrea Florio
    Andrea Florio Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

hi Alexander Kappes,

i try to do this on my local db, and now board tell me i'm not autorized to acces at this database

Do you know i can solve that?

thank you 

reguards

• Alexander Kappes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi @Andrea Floria,

for that case I think that you have no entry or wrong entry inside your user Entity.

Do you have inserted in the same way you inserted in Security Tab (same spelling, Domain Suffix, ...)

Do you have inserted the Database Profile correctly in the security Profile of your user? image

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Fethi ZERARA
    Options

Thank you so much!