Excel - SetSelection

Options

Hello,

I am trying to use the SetSelection formula in Excel to control multiple layouts (Board v9). The following formula works: =SetSelection("Finance","Year=2018") but when I try and change the entity to Fiscal Year it fails. I thought it might be because Fiscal Year is technically a custom time entity or because there is a space, but I am not able to use Month either. However, I have tried some non-time entities (with spaces) and that does work.

Any ideas?

Thanks 

Answers

• Ben Campbell
    Options

Current testing Board v10.1.3 and =SetSelection no longer valid

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

tested both (SetSelection and SetSelectionWithRefresh) in 10.1.4 and both functions are working.

Please keep in mind to use the correct seperators (according to your regional settings) and to refresh the screen, when using SetSelection.Furthermore please use the Code and not the Description of the Entity

For Testing I used following statement: =SetSelection("Echo";"Year=2011") or =SetSelectionWithRefresh("Echo";"Year=2012"), =SetSelectionWithRefresh("Echo";"Month=201202")

regards

Björn

• Samuele Marchetto
    Options

Excel formulas in Board 10.1 works fine. I think your problem is due to old Board version. I had similar problems with Board 8 and I used the macro to update data:

obj.Select "Finance", "Fiscal Year=2017", ActiveSheet

Bye