Dataview display issues

Options

Hi,

I have a screen that fails to display any data when first opened. The first cube is the most complex and under details it says "unable to analyze this block". If I change this to another cube, press OK, then change it back to the original cube, the data displays correctly. So Board does not like the initial layout, but once it has loaded the layout successfully I can switch to the desired cube.

Has anyone come across this before? I have used screen triggers to change when the layout is loaded but it seems it will only work once one of the blocks has changed (and then changed back). Have also tried using a simplified version of the troublesome cube but the same issue occurs.

Any suggestions on how to solve this?

Thanks.

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Ben Campbell,

please do another test.

When you open the screen and the errormessage occurs just open the layout and press ok without doing any changes to the layout itself.

Is the layout executed, when you have done this?

Thanks and regards

Alexander Kappes

• Ben Campbell
    Options

When I open the screen I don't get an error message - just the column headers with no data and no row labels. Yes, if click Layout > OK, the data does appear in the correct format. I've tried to re-create this using a screen trigger to apply a selection to the first block and then refresh screen but it seems like it has to be manual. Have you found a way around this in the past?

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

Dear Ben Campbell,

the real problem isn´t this layout, there is some other layout in your screen which brings the problem. Do you have similar Layouts on the screen? 

For the Windows Client you can check if this will be the problem by enabling "parallel Execution" inside the screen settings.

The setting is sending all layouts parallel to the engine instead of successively.

But please be aware that this setting is not working for HTML5. To get the real problem you have to analyse the other Layouts on the screen perhaps they have problem.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Ben Campbell
    Options

Yes, parallel execution fixed the problem. Thanks Alexander.