Change PDF page size in the Export procedure

Options

Hello,

I did a procedure which extracts the objects contained in the screen.
How can I set the output pdf page size? Currently, the file has the dimensions of 76x50 mm.

Thank you

Tagged:

Answers

• Unknown
    Options

Have you tried putting the objects for each page of the pdf into a Panel Container (maybe also inside a Folder)?  Right click on the Panel and choose to 'Print as single object'.  You can then re-size the panel and this should give you a larger page size in the pdf.

You might also like to set the print settings for the screen: BOARD button (top left)>>Print>>Print the Screen>>Configure

• Alessandro Carosso
    Alessandro Carosso Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply. The objects that I need to extrapolate to a pdf file are a dataview and a graph, both within a folder.
    I did not find the "print as single object" function, as you can see from the attached image: even if the size of the folder varies, the PDF object always remains the same size.
    I'm doing something wrong, but I do not know what ...

• Unknown
    Options

If you put a folder on the screen then drag a Panel Container to become tab 1, then another Panel Container to become tab 2.  Now add your DataView to one of these Panels, then the Chart to the other.  You can right click on each of these Panels now and choose to print as a single object.

• Alessandro Carosso
    Options

Hi Phil, thanks for the reply. I have done what you have written and now the "print as single object" option appears. In this way, the export truncates data from the dataview. Moreover, the pdf remains with the same settings, without the possibility to change the page size. If you have any suggestions, it is very welcome. Thank you

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Have you tried fitting the DataView to the page ('Options', below):

Also try setting all the Margins to 0.00 on the Advanced tab.

Regarding the size of the PDF, have you tried increasing the size of the Folder Object?

• Alessandro Carosso
    edited March 2020
    Options

I selected the option you indicated, just to have all the content of the dataview in the pdf, as you can see from the attached image. I have no idea where the page settings are found.

• Unknown
    Options

If you have right clicked on the Panel and chosen 'Print as single object', then you only really want to have the 'Panel Container' showing under 'Elements to Print'.  If the DataView is not in a Panel Container (i.e. you have just put the chart in a Panel Container) then try putting it into one and selecting 'Print as single object', then you should make sure you just have Panel Container twice (one for the Chart and one for the DataView) under 'Elements to Print'. 

In your screen shot click above, click the Advanced tab to select Margin sizes.

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Tab 1 of Folder: DataView in a Panel

Tab 2: Chart in a Panel

Each panel:

Print options:

The size of the PDF can be increased by changing the size of the Folder on the screen:

• Alessandro Carosso
    edited March 2020
    Options

hello phil, thanks for the full post. I tried to follow your instructions, but if I insert the dataview (which has many lines inside it) inside a panel, I risk losing some data because the panel does not contain all of them. So, I have to deselect the "print as single object" option if I want to see all the contents of the data-view table. In addition, even acting on the size of the folder, as you indicated in your images, the format of the pdf (or its resolution) does not change, as you can see from the attached file. Thank you.

Pdf property

• Unknown
    Options

Putting the DataView into a Panel in a folder should not have a significant impact on the number of rows or columns that can be displayed as you can increase the size of the Folder and the Panel object within it so the resulting display of the DataView is the same as it would be if the DataView was alone on a screen.

Just another thought - have you tried locking/unlocking (whatever it is not set at currently) your screen and then creating the pdf?

Have you also tried the orientation settings - you currently have it set to Default - maybe try Portrait or Landscape - depending on your DataView.

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

It might also be worth testing the results given that the DataView that BOARD is trying to fit to the screen will be the entire object, not just the rows and columns of data.  See below - the grey area shows the actual size of the DataView:

• Alessandro Carosso
    Options

Hi Phil, thanks for your feedback. I will be able to apply your suggestions next Friday: I will keep you updated. Thank you very much.