Fiscal Calendar in Board

Options

I am have some issues trying to implement the Fiscal Calendar which start in April... Also When a prompt is created can it use hierarchy or trees

Example:

Year

Fiscal Year

Fiscal quarter

Months

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Michael Sanders,

although I'm not quite sure what you're trying to achieve, but I'd do the following:

1. Create the Fiscal Year Entity in the Database

2. After saving this you'll get the following hierarchy

with these corresponding entries:

Looks ok to me - so what would you like to do other than that?

Kind Regards

Helmut

• Michael Sanders
    Options

Good Morning Helmut,

Is there a chance we could do a webex.  The Direction are straight and forward but it seems to bomb out when I try to implement the Time Entities that Board has supplied in the Data Reader…

When I just add the Month it runs fine, but when I start adding Quarter and the other Entities it bombs out

Also I would like to add another Time Entity Called Fiscal Year Half.

How do you add Entries to the Time Entities

Also when building a Selector could the Elements that are part of the Time Entities

Could the show up in one selector..

Currently I can only show one Element which limits the User to select more Time Entities.

How do you call a Hierarchy within the Selector to bring all the Time Entities into the Selector

Example 1.

When you Select Fiscal Year the Quarter would show up in the Same Selector

Question:  Is there a way to do this

Fiscal TY

16-17   Quarter

Q.1-17

Q.2-17            

Q.3-17

Q.4-17

17-18

Q.1-18

Q.2-18            

Q.3-18

Q.4-18

Thanks,

Michael

Michael Sanders | NEC Display Solutions

Office 630.467.4625 | Mobile 630.965.6952

• Daniel Zillmann
    Daniel Zillmann Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
    Options

Hi Michael,

You can add time entities under "Time Range" in the database tab and then under "Custom Entities" at the bottom. The window will look like the usual entity window. You can add 4 custom entities and add the relationships under "Custom Relationships". You have to be a bit careful with custom time entities, if the relationships are not setup correctly, this can cause a lot of issues, because the time entities are the main entities in Board.

Regarding the selector, you can only have one entity per selector, but you can add several selectors to your screen and use different time entities for them.

Let me know if that was not clear.

Best regards,

Daniel

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Michael Sanders,

I'm stiil not sure what you'd like to achieve. Time entity members are usually automatically provided by BOARD as soon as the are defined in the database - well, yeah, as long as they're standard. You'll have to provide data and relations for your self-defined entities, only - this would usually be done via a csv.file using already present data (like month for example, extracted from the database), thus adding additional entries to your custom time-entities in the right relationship like Daniel Zillmann already mentioned.

Since we're residing in completely different time-zones (forgive the pun) it seems rather difficult setting up a web-session ...

Maybe you might like to look at some educational vids as well as other resources like Sample: Time Functions for example.

Kind regards

Helmut