Dataflow and Ranking Functions?

Options

Hello, 

We have a capsule which uses ranking functions (for example Cumulated Vertical %) on a dataview. We need to save the results, which depend on the ranking, into another cube for further analysis*. The regular way of outputting a cube is to use a dataflow. However, the dataflow does not have ranking functions as an option, at least as far as I can tell. Am I doing something wrong? Have tried turning off high performance mode and still no ranking functions available. 

Our work-around is to extract the layout to a text data file file (extract layout allows for ranking functions) and then use an ASCII data reader to read the data into the cube. Is there a better way?

Thank you,

Pete

* The ranking function creates a classification which is then used to for additional analysis. We can't see a way to avoid saving the result in a separate infocube but if that is possible I'd be all for it.

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Peter DeGregorio,

you could use the NEXEL (E-learning tutorial: The NEXEL (XP14) , NexelE-learning tutorial: The NEXEL (XP14) ) "write inplace" option to save your data into a cube. This would avoid the ex-/import of your layout but requires the ranking to be calculated in NEXEL (this is described in more detail here: USING RANK IN NEXEL ).

Kind Regards,

Helmut