Bar chart for Sub total account

Options

Hi everyone, 

I'm very new to BOARD. I'm using flatten approach an not sure how to create a bar chart for those sub total "total revenue", "Total cost" and "EBITDA". These account line are calculated using rule. 

I can create bar chart for individual account, but not these calculated sub total account. 

Could you please point me to the right direction? 

Thanks, 

Chi

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Chi Ly,

If you create a relationship between your accounts and the rollup level, you can select the rollup level entity as one of the axis for your chart. If your account list is an entity called 'Account', then maybe add an entity called 'Account Group' with the subtotal lines, and set the relationships between them.

• Chi Ly
    Options

Hi Bob, 

Thanks for your advice. 

The rollup level entity approach would work on the "Total Revenue" and "Total Expense".

What's about the EBITDA? What should i do with the EBITDA?

Thanks,

Chi

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Chi Ly,

Good question. In the same entity as Total Revenue [001] and Total Expense [002], add an item called EBITDA [003]. You can define a rule as [003]=[001] - [002].

The relationship trick won't work for rolling up Total Revenue and Total Expense into a higher level rollup because you'll want a negative weight on the Total Expense member to make the calculation correct.

Good luck,