Go to screen and apply selection

Options
Unknown
Unknown Active Partner

Hello,

I try to do a go to screen either by using  a go to screen (drill down on a line) or with a procedure.

The point is that when the destination screen is reached I would like to apply a dynamic selection on one entity based on a matrix.

If I use the go to screen (drill down option go to screen on the line) the dynamic selection register on the destination screen is lost and the selection is set up on the entity from the starting line on the starting screen. Is there a way to keep the dynamic selection?

If I try to use a procedure (drill down option procedure on the line) I need to take some element of the original line in order to apply a selection on the destination screen. Any ideas?

Thank you.

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

can you please post a screenshot with the procedure?

With the current information I wold guess you'Re using a pure go-to Screen Step? But I think you need:

- Go to screen (without refresh)

- apply selection to current screen

- refresh screen

Cause the go to screen is using the Selection, which is valid on the starting screen and not from the procedure, so you have to tell the system, that you want to use the current selection from the procedure.

Otherwise pleae use the "Drill to screen" option instead of "go to screen", cause here the by row entity should be applied

regards

Björn

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Björn,

Thank you for the feedback. It's clear but it was not working. In the meantime I have found a solution. I use a drill to screen using the row entity, this selection has to be use as part of an element in a cube matrix, then I use the screen trigger to run a procedure with a select entity based on the previous cube matrix, then apply selection to screen.

Regards,

Marcel