Syntax to filter on a date block

Options
Unknown
Unknown Active Partner

Hello BOARDVille,

What is the syntax to filter a block that is based on a date cube? I would like to filter for dates >=20160101?

Thank you and best regards

Marcel

Answers

• Miguel Angel Sisternas Seaton
    edited March 2020
    Options

Not sure this answers yours question, if not please explain further. 

You can filter a block with the filter option by dragging the block to what is below Filter A and B

If what you want is to filter dates on a block, you can have them as a date dimension. Just allocate each data point to a date. Then you can show it as a flat list (basically shows it as a normal column) and filter normally with a pager.

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Hi Miguel,

Thank you for your answer.

I am fine with step one. Then for step 2, my cube is of type DATE (Date d'ouverture projet) so no need to flatten, the point is how to write the date I have tried 20160101, 01.01.2016 and may be other but it doesn't work.

Thanks

Marcel

• Miguel Angel Sisternas Seaton
    edited March 2020
    Options

In rich client you should be able to directly click the calendar assistant to introduce a date in a date cube.

In web client you should be able to introduce it by writing the date as dd.mm.yyyy if not maybe something is wrong or there might be an issue with the standard date format of windows or similar (better contact support).

Just for info, in future releases the assistant will also be in web since its a requirement from some clients. As to when, no idea.

As a workaround you can currently create a list drop down with the dates by using the suggested values.

Double click

• Dietmar Jeschkeit
    Options

Date cubes are handled in BOARD like in Excel. Every date ist based on a value (01.01.1900 = 2). So if you want to filter on a cube of type date you have to build another block of type column algorhythm and set it to date cube and text or number.

This will bring up the number of the date.

Now you can filter on block b if you know the corresponding number to your date..

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Thanks Dietmar, it works fine.