Select the entity on a line with a procedure

Options
Unknown
Unknown Active Partner

Hello,

I know that we have a Master Layout option when we set a dataview. But is there a way to select the by row the entity of a dataview line with a procedure?

Thank you and best regards

Marcel

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Marcel Bila,

I don´t know if I understand you in the right way.

In General when you start a procedure from DataView (with separate Block or using the Drill Position) the line selection will be sended to the procedure and you can work with.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

Dear Alexander Kappes,

Thanks for the answer. Yes I see that the selection is send to the procedure but if I have a go to screen in the procedure, the selection of the line is not applied to the screen selection. How to apply the line selection to the screen targeted by the go to screen.

Thank you and best regards

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    edited March 2020
    Options

Drill to screen

Hi Marcel, did you try using the "Drill to screen" option?

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

Dear Marcel Bila,

in general when you only want to send the line selection to detail screens the suggestion of Jonathan Baetens is a very good solution.

For the case further calculation (selection) should been send you can also use the procedure.

I successfully checked at the moment with the following configuration in actual Board 10.3.0.50924. 

Hope it helps.

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

While writing this, we discovered a bug in this behaviour in the latest web client version 10.3.
    It won't apply the new screen selection if the screen you are drilling to is already open.

We will report this issue through the support portal and will use the workaround suggested by Alexander.

All the best,
    Jonathan