Best way to select individual Entity

Options
Uwe
Uwe Customer
First Anniversary First Comment

Hi all,

i'am struggling with the following problem:

I want to make a calculation within BOARD.

I have products that can be produced and finished in different plants and production lines. Each production-line has a relationship to a plant with different costs on personal plant) an production-line.

So, within a screen i have 4 combinations, that could individual be selected (dropdown?).

Semi-finished good > plant > production-line

Finished good > plant > production-line

After selecting the 2 plants and the 2 production-lines the default-costs should be used for the product-calculation.

Plants and production-lines are stored in an entity.

It should also be possible to create more than one calculation based on one product.

What is the best way to realize this?

Kind regards

Answers

• Unknown
    Options

Hi Uwe Lueers.  My understanding of your requirement gives me the following:

Entities:

• Plant and Production Line, with Production Line being a child of Plant.
    • Product - you might need the ability to produce a Product on any Production Line
    • Cost Type - e.g. Cost 1,Cost 2, Cost 3.  These costs might be children of Finished Goods or Semi-Finished goods - I guess that's up for debate, or they may be lowest level members in their own right?

So, now I can have multiple Cost Types (i.e. cost calculations) across multiple Products, and multiple Production Lines - the cube for my calculation result would use all of the above Entities, plus Time and any others that might apply.

Perhaps I've missed something, but the above would be my first guess!

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Uwe Lueers,

in addition to what Phil Marshall said--you could use rules on the entity "cost type" to accomplish the calculations you need. So you would need a data-model using the entity as KPI (account-based model).

Kind Regards

Helmut

• Gerrit Kohrs
    Gerrit Kohrs Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

And this: "It should also be possible to create more than one calculation based on one productcan be accomplished by using an additional entity that might be called "Version", "Scenario" or something like that.