Drop Down List Functionality in Excel Add-in

Options

I'm wondering if anyone out there has every created a template of sorts within the BOARD Excel add-in that has data entry enabled on a cube (not an entity/relationship) that allows a user to make a selection from a drop down list (member codes) created with the "data validation" functionality within Excel and lose the drop down list functionality after you save and refresh your layout?

Any insight would be greatly appreciated.  I'm 99% there, but after I saved and refresh and then move on to the next cell, the drop down list disappears.

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Eric Ingebretson,

thanks for your request.

For the FAT and WebClient BOARD has the suggested Values Fuction inside the DataView Object,  which allows to insert Values according to defined DropDown List.

This function for the office AddIn isn´t available.

I think this is also the reason why your DropDowns inserted in Excel disappear after leaving the cell.

Hope it helps

regards

Alexander Kappes

• It would be interesting to understand what you are trying to achieve using the Excel add-in.  Have you tried to build the same requirement directly into a web browser input screen using the Suggested Values functionality?