Get active person by selecting a date

Options

Good afternoon,
probably someone has a good instruction guide or example on how to create cubes to resolve this:

I have a mssql table "person" and "person-activity". In the table "person" I have the name, code of the person
and other anagraphic data of  the person. In the table "person-activity" I have the code of the person and the date of
the beginning of the activity and the end date of the activity.

In Board I would like to select a day and see all the active person in a dataview.

Example 1:

a) I select the 20.01.2018
b) table person-activity:
    person a - date of entry = 10.01.2018, end-date = 21.01.2018
    person b - date of entry = 01.05.2018, end-date = 20.05.2018
c) the result = person a

Example 2:

a) I select the 22.01.2018
b) table person-activity:
    person a - date of entry = 10.01.2018, end-date = 21.01.2018
    person b - date of entry = 01.05.2018, end-date = 20.05.2018
c) the result = any person

Is this possible or do I have to prepare the data before the import? For example an import day by day with all the active person?

Thanks for your help,
Egon.

Answers

• Pietro Di Cino
    Options

Hi Egon Santoni

a solution can be a simple sql datareader linked to a cube structured by day-person.

When you read the data, go to manual mode and try this query (in [...] please insert the fields of your table):

select dateadd(day, [starting_date], number), [person_id], '1'

from master..spt_values n with (nolock), person-activity

where type='p' and and number between 0 and datediff([starting_date], [ending_date]

With this solution I think that you will write into your cube a 1 per each day of "presence" of the single person.

Feel free to comment with your solution when it run.

Regards,

• Hi Egon Santoni, one option to perform the logic inside BOARD is to load both tables as they are and perform the processing via dataflow action of a procedure.

For this you need 4 cubes:

A Begin Date (Date type cube dim by Person) - populate from SQL

B End Date (Date type cube dim by Person) - populate from SQL

C Day (Date type cube dim by day only) - populate via dataflow using Day = day() function to hold date values for every day

D Active Flag (Integer cube by Day by Person)

To populate D, you need IF statement =if(and(c=>a,c=<b),1,0)

You can then multiply any anagraphic data by this ACTIVE flag mapping to have only values shown in days the Person was active, or even use the Active Flag as a filter in the layout depending on what you are trying to do.

I hope it helps!

Thanks,

Audrey