PROCEDURE FROM BUTTON

Options
Andrea Florio
Andrea Florio Active Partner
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes

Hello to all.

I created a button with a procedure. The user who uses that button has a license Light Plus. I can not understand why if I launch it from my client the procedure works correctly. When the user launches it, it does not work perfectly. Looking at the logs we see that there are two lines missing. I had thought of a trigger in the report but with the light plus it can not be inserted. I have also looked at the limits in the profiles but there are not. Has anyone ever happened? do you have any suggestions?

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Andrea,

which lines are missing in the log? What is the procedure supposed to do?

Regards,

Helmut

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hi Andrea Florio

about security profiles , check the option "Allow execution of security critical procedure"

them, as already asked by Helmut Heimann, sharing more info will help.

best regards

Daniele

• Pietro Di Cino
    Options

Hi Andrea Florio have you click on "Run As Administrator" when the procedure made select?

Regards

• Andrea Florio
    Options

hi Daniele Di Lorenzo  

i had already checked and is flagged

Thank

Andrea

• Andrea Florio
    Options

hi PIETRO DI CINO,

i don't understand, in the joking of the procedures i don't see any 'Run As Administrator' button

Thank you

Andrea

• Helmut Heimann
    Helmut Heimann Employee
    March Badge of the Month February Badge of the Month Community Captain April Badge of the Month
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Andrea,

the "Run as Administrator" can be ticked on/off when configuring a select inside a procedure:

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Pietro Di Cino
    Pietro Di Cino Customer
    First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Andrea Florio

when you configure the action "Select", you can flag "Run as Administrator". With this flag, Board overpass the security setting of End-User and make all the steps of procedure.

Best,

• Andrea Florio
    Options

hi Helmut Heimann and PIETRO DI CINO,

Thanks for the reply. Actually it is not flagged that could be the problem.

I will let you know, have a nice day and thank you.

Andrea

• Andrea Florio
    Options

hi PIETRO DI CINO and Helmut Heimann,

I read the manual. I looked at the user's security and I do not see any restrictions. How can you see if that user has restrictions? Thanks again

• Pietro Di Cino
    Pietro Di Cino Customer
    First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited March 2020
    Options

you have to check security setting clicking on System\Security\Database Security

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

...and then check the database profile assigned to the user...

And as I already said, it would really help a lot if you could provide more information on what the procedure shall do (and does do in your case, but not in the user's case).

• Andrea Florio
    Options

it is a cascade of procedures. It would be really long to explain everything you do. There are call procedures to various procedures. At the end only on a cube the value is always doubled. As if it did not clear. I checked the procedure and it is correct in fact when the launch is OK. I already did the checks on the user's profile and has a light plus license, but has no particular selection. My guess was that there was a trigger or something in the screen. I do not know. I hope I have given you some ideas.

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

you mentioned two lines being missing in the log (your execution vs the user's execution of the procedure). What are those two lines about?

Does the procedure export any data to the file system?

Does it start any datareader?

Does the user have access to all cubes used in the dataflow--especially the write-permission on those that shall be modified?

• Andrea Florio
    Options

Yess i have two lines missing towards the end of the all procedures. The missing lines are two datareader. When the user call this procedure, the procedure makes an extract cube and 6 datareader. 2 of this are missing.

The user have access to all cubes and the database we used is only one.

• Pietro Di Cino
    Options

the user has access to the folder where the datareader read the files?