Export screen with two objetcs to pdf file

Options

I need to export (or attached  via broadcasting)  a screen with two objects o more. I need all screen objects in the same page

Answers

• If you add additional objects and you don't put them in the Panel then these each additional object will print on on an individual page.  You can easily check where you are by pressing the BOARD button (top left in the client) and choose Print >>>Configure.  The right hand box will show you the Elements to Print.  If you just see your single Panel in here then you know that all that you are going to print is anything that you put into the Panel.  If you see e.g. Panel and Dataview you know that you will get one page with the Panel contents and one page with the Dataview.

I still sometimes find myself adding say a Button to the screen and forgetting that it will automatically print on my screen, unless I take the steps above to remove it (drag and drop).

If you want to use a Folder object, Report Book, or Transition Object then you should drag a Panel onto each tab/page/transition before adding the objects that you need to see on each page of the output.  You also must right click each Panel in turn and select Print as Single Object.  You can again check where you are at any point by choosing BOARD button>>>Print>>>Configure.

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi everybody,

Thank you for this helpful information Daniel Zillmann. Using e.g. a panel allows printing several objects within one page of a PDF File.

The next uncomfortable point is : how do you assign a title to a panel container ?

as a comparison, a layout can have a title, and this title is very important since it will be printed as a heading of each page of the PDF file exported from the screen. image

Moreover this title is also used to distinguish all screen objects in the screen printing configuration, which apparently do not apply for containers : image

With a panel, there is no title and the heading of the page is empty, which is quite disappointing when other pages have a proper title (because exported from a single toolbox object).

Has anyone met this issue already ? Have you found any workarounds ?

Thanks in advance,

• Daniel Zillmann
    Options

Hi,

You could add a Label to your Panel with the desired heading, it will not be in the header of your page but users will still be able to understand what they are looking at. Or you can change the printing template (you can do that under Capsule Properties) and choose the screen name for example as a header, but that will change the printing template for the whole capsule. You might want to keep the "Title" in the header as well for screens that have objects with a title.

I hope this was helpful.

Cheers,

Daniel

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

Thanks for your suggestions.

1. add a Label to your Panel with the desired heading > Yes it is already done. Actually i currently need panels for exporting Graphs. I haven't found yet the ability in BOARD to set a title of an Y axis, therefore I must use a label to display the measurement unit of the data displayed, e.g. $: image
    2. it will not be in the header of your page > that is the painful point. I have several pages with a beautiful top-left title, which changes for every pages and guide the person who reads... I don't want to give it up.
    3. Or you can change the printing template [...] and choose the screen name for example as a header > same as 2.

I fear there is no clean solution at the moment.

Regards,