Demand Planning using TOC (theory of constraints)

Options

Has anybody implemented / developed a solution with Board for demand planning using TOC (theory of constraints)?

Thanks

Answers

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Hi Carlos,

Could you be a little more specific?  Are you asking whether anyone has used BOARD to build a tool following the specific management philosophy of TOC, or are you asking whether BOARD is an appropriate/capable tool for building a TOC style tool?

Through BOARD, a very versatile and effective workflow tool can be built.  Once the data sources are made available, BOARD is very good at handling and manipulating productivity and financial outcomes.  All of these aspects combined, where the business logic is understood, constitute aspects of the philosophy of TOC.  Constraints and 'bottlenecks', once it is understood how to identify them, can be incorporated into any model, which would be unique to that specific organisation or dept.

Whilst I have never been employed by a company implementing TOC in name, I would be inclined to say that BOARD is very much suited to the creation of a TOC Tool, so long as all the aspects of the logic derived from, say, the Business Analysts, were understood, cashflow and balance sheet data available, business objectives, through KPIs, were captured.

I have no idea if my response is at all helpful but I do look forward to learning of any other community member that has more specific knowledge on this very interesting theory, its  practical application and potential implementation through BOARD.  I'm sure too that BOARD International would be very interested in that organisation and making a case study on them.