Impossible to reset selections after apply dynamic selection using a procedure

Options

Hi to all,

I have a problem regarding a procedure.

In a screen I have created a label linked to a procedure that apply a dynamic selection on an entity.
The selection run perfectly (to check this I have a label that shown the current selections).
Unfortunately when I run the procedure clicking on the label, I cannot reset the selections made before in all selectors that there are in the screen.

The procedure has three steps:
1 - Selection
2 - Apply selection to screen
3 - Refresh screen

Board 10.3.0.51220

I need some help. Thank.

Paolo

Tagged:

Answers

• Paul Wyatt
    Paul Wyatt Customer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Paolo,

You haven't been very specific in what you're trying to achieve as this will determine the solution.

Is your dynamic selection based on a cube?  If it is based on a cube, you should replace your [Select] step with [Select Entity] instead.  The image below shows the selection and an example of that selection with the 'based on cube' box which must also be completed.

Image 1: The red box is the wrong selection for achieving this action.  The blue box is the correct action to select

With the above configuration, your procedure step will look similar to this:

Please let me know if this helps.  If it does not, please outline precisely what you're trying to achieve and I'll help you to get there.

Regards,

Paul Wyatt

• Paolo Orlando
    Paolo Orlando Customer
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Paul,

thank you for the reply.

I have this selector in the screen.

Selector for the entity Responsabile

I use it to select a member in the entity "Responsabile"

I click on the label "Filtra GroupAccount" to select various members in the entity GroupAccount.

Label linked to the procedure

This is my selection after using the selector and the label.

@Selection

After this I try to reset the selection for the entity "Responsabile" clicking on the reset icon on the right of the selector, but nothing happens.

Reset selector

The images below show how the procedure is configured.

Procedure to select an entity based on cube

Selection of an entity based on cube

Regards,

Paolo

• Paul Wyatt
    Paul Wyatt Customer
    Options

Hi Paolo,

Does the target cube[GroupAccountEnable] get populated using a separate workflow procedure and does this target cube contain only the entity GroupAccount which can then be used to make a selection based on its contents?

• Paolo Orlando
    Paolo Orlando Customer
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Paul,

Cube GroupAccountEnable

There is a relationship between "Conto" and "GroupAccount".

I have created a dataview that Board users use to insert values in the "GroupAccountEnable" cube.

Regards,

Paolo

• Paul Wyatt
    Paul Wyatt Customer
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Paolo,

The reset gadget in the red square below only operates on selections made with that selector object. 

You've made a selection using a procedure and so must reset it either by using another procedure

or, using the select window icon:

...its only easy when you know the answer.

Hope this helps and welcome to the board community where we hope to spare fellow devs the madness that BOARD, as brilliant as it is, is capable of inflicting on us all from time to time.

Regards,

Paul

• Paolo Orlando
    Options

Hi Paul,

thank for your help.

Before posting this question I created a procedure to reset the selection related to entity "Responsabile".

Unfortunately I created a wrong procedure, without "Apply selection to screen" step so I wasn't unable to reset the selector.

Using a correct version of the procedure now I'm able to reset the selection made using the selector.

Regards,

Paolo

• Paul Wyatt
    Paul Wyatt Customer
    Options

Thanks Poalo for completing the post with your solution.  Your response illustrates that there are many ways to achieve the same outcome and which demonstrates choice and versatility.

Regards,

Paul Wyatt