Synchronize two folder containers when changing tabs

Options
LATTALI AHMED
LATTALI AHMED Active Partner
First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary

Hello Community,

Is it possible to synchronize two folder containers in a way that if we change the tab in the first container it changes automatically in the second one.

Best regards, 

Ahmed Lattali

Answers

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Ahmed Lattali.  I'm pretty sure that this would not be possible using two folder containers on the screen.  A possible workaround would be:

• Create two screens - identical in every way (save as will be useful here), but one will display the contents of 'Tab 1' - i.e. two DataViews, one above the other.
    • The second screen contains the contents of 'Tab 2'
    • Now we need to make it look as though each screen is actually made up of a folder object with two tabs.  See below for examples, as this probably illustrates this best.

Neither of these screens use a folder object, but it looks like they do.

In the first screenshot when I click Price it opens a Price screen with that 'tab' in blue and the Units 'tab' is now white.  I have not used this method in exactly the way that you need, but the same principle applies.  This method allows you to also have a completely different select on each 'tab', because each tab is a separate screen.

Of course for you example you would probably want to build two more screens - one for Tab 1 top and Tab 2 bottom and another one for Tab 2 top and Tab 1 bottom.

Agreed you have more screens to build upfront - but it is a workaround.  Maybe somebody else could suggest an alternative approach.

• LATTALI AHMED
    Options

Hello Phil Marshall

Thanks for you reply

I implemented your solution to see how it looks, the switch between the two screens is seamless,

the inconvenience of this workaround for my case is that you need to refresh screens when switching, because the user will do some data entry in tab1, launch a procedure and see the results in the second tab.

I need also to link dataviews to keep the same scrolling, which is not possible with two screens, the solution provided by Samuele Marchetto using one folder container and matrix seems to do the job .

• LATTALI AHMED
    Options

Hi Samuele Marchetto

Your approach works fine for my case

Thank you for your help

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

You're welcome, we are here for helping each other :-)