NEXEL: Dynamic calculations on WEB not working

Options

Is anyone aware of issues when using NEXEL on the WEB?  I've created a process that uses a dataview incorporating a nexel calculation.  The screen works perfectly on 10.1.4 Desktop but fails when used on Web.

The action of the routine requires the user to select a SOURCE property.  Values are selected from the SOURCE and written to helper cubes.  The helper cubes are used in a dataview which takes the values and performs, using NEXEL, a calculation for each of the other properties.

As I said, this process works perfectly in DESKTOP, saving the SOURCE property, calculating and writing the values for all other properties and displaying the results in a chart.  However, within the web environment, the SOURCE property is saved and displayed, but the calculations, created by NEXEL, fail to write to the cube used to display the results in a chart.  The final result is that source properties accumulate each time the process is run and only the data from the DESKTOP session is ever displayed in the chart.  I've tried clearing the helper cubes at runtime too but to no avail.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Answers

• Paul Wyatt
    Paul Wyatt Customer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes First Anniversary
    edited March 2020
    Options

I've identified the issue preventing the NEXEL formulation from working on the WEB platform - See image below.

The issue is within the procedure i created as I have used an interactive SELECTION.  Whilst the desktop version works perfectly fine, WEB requires the NEXEL process to have [use configuration selections] selected in order to work correctly.  The reason for missing this point originally is due to the process working on DESKTOP and so it was harder to identify the problem.  Hopefully, after going to the 10.5 platform, these sorts of platform disparities will be a thing of the past as development and delivery is done on the web platform.