Entity Row Template - Default

Options
Brendan Broughton
Brendan Broughton Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2020 in Platform

I have a few Row Entity templates set up for different P&L formats.  They all have a 'default row template' set, and then  total/subtotals lines are formatted a as required.

What I'm noticing is that when the user adds a new member to the 'P&L line' entity it doesn't pick up the format of the 'Default Row template' even though this has been set.  Instead it picks up the standard/default BOARD setting which then makes this line stand out.

A developer then needs to go in and manually change the format of this new row/entity member.

Does anyone know if there's a way to get new entity members to be added with the 'default row template' format that has been set by the developer rather than the default BOARD format?

The default as show below is with no borders, but when a new member is added by the user BOARD is putting it's standard/default borders on it, which the Developer then needs to go in and remove.

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Brendan Broughton,

any template you define can only work with those entity members already present. So to my knowledge there is no way to define a template that already "knows" how new entity members shall fit in.

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Thanks Helmut Heimann, It's not so much the template, but the 'default' line within the template. I was expecting/hoping the term 'default' to mean new members would be 'defaulted' to this format, in the way the term is most commonly used. But it's obviously not a 'default' format in that way, and the BOARD default format is still the 'default' format for new members. Developer it will have to be.

Thanks.