Access Denied to DB

Options
Brendan Broughton
Brendan Broughton Active Partner
Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
edited April 2020 in Platform

Hi, I am Admin of a clients BOARD DB.  I was amending security levels and adding a new DB Security Profile as requested by the client, and after clicking OK I can no longer access the DB myself.  I made no change to my security level or my DB security profile so I am not sure why it has locked me out. I now get the following message whenever I try to access the DB.

I have tried unloading the DB and restarting the service with no luck.

I have then tried copying the DB to a different server to see what I could do and I am not even able to restore it there.

Because of time constraints I will have to go to a backedup version, but how would you resolve this without the backup?

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Options

Dear Brendan Broughton,

only valid way running into the described condition is, that you had overwritten the DB security profile linked to your security profile.

The only way to solve is manually add another DB Profile to your securtiy profile.

For that reason we suggest creating BACKUPs before doing security relevant changes.

Hope it helps.

regards

Alexander Kappes