Adding Members to Select in procedures?

Options

How can I add members to a select with in a procedure?

I have a procedure set-up which has several GL code members added. The show inactive members button is greyed out.

How can I add an additional member without resetting the select and selecting all the required members?

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Samantha Simon,

you might want to have look at this thread: How to use 'Reset to current screen' feature in select action which describes to neccessary steps.

Hope this helps,

Helmut

• Samantha Simon
    Options

Would this also work in a database procedure?

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

yes, it would--but the procedure would have to be fired from the screen in order for BOARD to "know" the previous selection ;-)

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hi Samantha Simon

the "show inactive members" is inactive because the entity members are more then the "entities cut off" set in entities panel.

I suggest to create an aggregate entity on GL Account to include the accounts to be selected and set the selection on it. 

moreover this solution allow to manage the selection from a screen (through a flag or text cube or direct entity-relationship data entry) .

genarlly speaking I never use selections on big entities, always I try to set some macro-classification with few and fixed values. Easy to manage and to mantain.

best regards