How to add alerters to a chart

Options

I need to add an alerter to a chart to highlight the week a product is on promotion.  The chart is by week.  I have a layout above that shows the data for the product by week and the weeks the product is on promotion are highlighted.  The layout is a master layout that drives the chart below.  When the user selects a product the chart below represents the data in a week over week layout.  I want to be able to somehow highlight the week the product is on promotion in the chart, so it matches the layout making it easier for the user to evaluation the weeks the product was and was not on promotion.

I have tried applying alerter to the chart but it just highlights the entire back ground of the chart.

Tagged:

Answers

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

This feature (conditional alerting on graphs) was existing in earlier versions (v7.xxx).

Currently, it doesn't exist. I created an Idea to try to push the editor to implement it again. I have no idea whether this feature will be implemented in the future.

a workaround has been already explained by Ray Martens on this website, as a comment of the idea mentioned above. You can read the comment here.

Robert-Jan van Kuppeveld also showed an example close to your need (his graph is by month, yours is by week), see his comment.

In short the workaround consist of changing the layout of the graph

1. hide the data cube block (assume it is block a)
    2. introduce a block showing the flag "promotion" (assume block b), also hidden block. Values are 1 or 0.
    3. introduce a block algorithm c: if(b=1,a,0), block heading= "Promotion week"
    4. introduce a block algorithm d: if(b=0,a,0), block heading= "week without promotion"

Then in the graph's legend, set both blocks c and d to "stack", and also tick the checkbox "hide zeros".

This should solve your question.

• Zuzana Reed
    Zuzana Reed Customer
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Thank you, it is good to know I wasn't going crazy. It is strange that the options is there to use, it just doesn't work in the graph. The alternative will work, appreciate the suggestion!! Hopefully they can implement the easy option soon.

Many thanks again,

Zuzana

------------------------------
    Zuzana Reed
    Financial Analyst
    ELEXON LIMITED
    United Kingdom
    ------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------