Screen Navigation with Procedure breaks Pager

Options

Applying data selection to screen via procedure breaks default pager functionality.

Example;

I have a pager which defaults to the current period/month.

I have a button which activates a procedure which does the following:

- Remove Tree (Month)

- Selection (some P&L item filtering)

- Go to Screen

- Apply data selection to screen

When the procedure is run, I am taken to the screen, the selections are successfully supplied, but the Month pager is blank, despite selecting Period: Current period and ticking No All.

Tagged:

Answers

• Mark Schad
    Options

Further to this, even just using the button Action Type Go To Screen and ticking Apply data selection will break the Pager.

• Dear Mark,

Thank you for your request.

Regarding your second post, this behavior is to be expected, when the default value of your pager is out of scope of the applied data selection of the go to screen action.

For example: When the selection applied is 2018, but the default value of the pager is January 2019, the pager is empty. If the selection applied is 2019, the default selection of the pager works fine.

Regarding your first post, a few more details are required to provide a qualified answer. Which Board version are you working on, and is it on web or Windows client?

If you are working on web exclusively, have you tried replacing the pager with a selector, putting the settings to select only one member? The selection to the current period can be easily applied to the selector within the procedure.

Kind regards

Philipp

• Mark Schad
    Options

Regarding your second post, this behaviour is to be expected, when the default value of your pager is out of scope of the applied data selection of the go to screen action.

Agreed, but in this instance, I have no selections on the Month entity.  The selections are only on other entities.  If this is still expected behaviour then it is a design flaw. Furthermore, it is now March and my pagers are all still defaulting to February.

Regarding your first post, a few more details are required to provide a qualified answer. Which Board version are you working on, and is it on web or Windows client?

Board 10.5.2, currently working entirely in the web.  But I noticed this behaviour in the Windows client, too.

If you are working on web exclusively, have you tried replacing the pager with a selector, putting the settings to select only one member? The selection to the current period can be easily applied to the selector within the procedure.

This is how our reports are currently operating (since the Pager doesn't work properly) but it is terribly tedious.  I shouldn't need to program a procedure for every page navigation just so I can get the report to display the current period.