Normalization after changes on tree

Options

Hi,

I have to change a relationship in a tree (having a lot of entities and levels). In particular I have to link "Riclassificato Paese" directly to "Riclassificato Centri" instead of "Riclassificato Gruppo":

After this changes, Normalization between CDC and "Riclassificato Paese" (1 indirect level) doesn't show the name of the entity between the two ones:

Can I be absolutely sure that normalization work properly?

To avoid this I usually remove completely the entitiy from the tree and add again to the correct level. But this changes the order of the fields when I have to export the tree, and in this situation I want to avoid this, because there are 81 entities in this relationship. 

Thanks to everyone.

Answers

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Hi

If I have understood correctly the question, you have just to choose "Riclassificato Centri" in the empty box and save.

if the box remains empty, this relationship won't be nornalized through the levels

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi Daniele,

between CDC and "Riclassificato Paese" there is only "Riclassificato Centri" (1 level). In this situation you can't select the entity, the box is disable, because normalization path is automatic (you have no choose). What I'm not sure about is if the normalize work fine.

Bye

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Samuele Marchetto,

you are correct concerning the choices, the normalization will be automatically set and it should work fine. But, as Alexander Kappes mentioned in this post here Should i use Fix Relationship?  , you're always better off backing up the database beforehand ;-)

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• Alberto Basso
    Alberto Basso Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes
    Options

Hi Samuele and all. 

To avoid this situation it is not necessary to remove the entity and recreate it.
    It is sufficient, before modifying the relations, to modify the setting of the secondary relationships,
    In particular, before changing, it is appropriate:
    - enter the secondary relations panel
    - modify the secondary relationship between "CDC" and "Riclassificato Paese" by setting the entity "Riclassificato centri" in the "Through" field instead of "Riclassificato gruppi".
    - after this operation it is possible to modify the relationships.

In this way, after the changes, the secondary relations panel is also correctly completed. 

Bye.

Alberto

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Great solution, I didn't think about it!