Values in Dashboards/charts overlap with the bar

Options

Does anybody here have an idea or already had the same Problem and has a solution for it:

We often have the case that values in Dashboards/charts overlap with the bars (see attached screenshot). Our customers are not amused about that fact as you can imagine. We do not have any clue how to influence the chart where to place the values. We are grateful for any ideas.

Answers

• Daniel Zillmann
    Options

Hi Tanja,

Yeah I had this problem before and never found a really satisfying solution for it. I must say that the web version is a lot better when it comes to placing the markers, they are nearly all the time on top of the bars. That is also why I never looked further for a solution.

Is there any chance that you can get your customer on the web version?

Maybe someone else in the community has a better solution, I have seen people do great things with Nexel in charts.

Cheers,

Daniel

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Tanjia,

According to my experience, values in charts overlap with the bar when the bar is less longer than the value box itself.

Locking at yourt chart, since you have some space in it, a solution can be play with the "axes configuration settings".

For instance, you can try ro remove the "autorange" and set the "maximun" as 50000. In this way the bars should be longer the value boxes and they should not be overlapped.

Let's give a look to the below attachements for a better understanding:

:image

Cheers,

Alessio

• Gabriele Gallo
    Options

hi all,

i think a potential way "around" this behaviour is to color the background of the marker using the same color of the series.

in this way, even if the "marker" overlaps with the bar and might even be rendered outside of the bar itself, at least you are sure you recognize the series (by the colour) and you can still read the amount.

hope this helps

• Tanja Kärcher
    Tanja Kärcher Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Thank you very much for your ideas.

Unfortunately we cannot omit autorange as the screen in which the chart is placed as it contains selectors and the values can vary within a large range.

Using the colour of the series for the background of the marker is in our case no solution as well as it gives the impression that the bar is longer than it really is (when the marker overlaps the bar).

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Tanja,

just another additional Idea for you.

For the solution I inserted the Block a second time into the layout.

The second block was shown on secondary Axis and is just for showing the labels, the block itself i set to transparent in color and the labels color to the same as the first block.

Finally I disabled the autorange for the secondary y-Axis to get the wished result.

When you define the Major step very little the solution also works for HTML5

Perhaps it helps

regards

Alex