Save data in ROLAP cube with DataFlow

Options

I get the concept of data being stored in the DBMS vs database through rolap cubes. I have a dense cube linked and the table exist (can we override the default table name with something that is more meaning full to our organization?). Then I define a dataview with this cube and enable data entry. The list of ALL entity values is shown (I toggled Show All) and I can start changing values. Then I hit the save button on the dataview and the data is stored in the DBMS. Perfect.

Now I want to populate the cube with a dataflow and save the data after I am done. So I create a procedure to do this. Step one is clear cube, step 2 is populate the cube (for this exercise I want to set the value for all entity members to one). Step 3 is save...

1. How do I open the cube so i can set values for ALL members? It is not doing this. When I had a "normal" cube (not rolap) it put values in all members - not so for rolap cubes.
  2. How do I save this cube (without saving the whole database)? In the screen I can click the green toggle save widget but I have not found the equivalent in the procedure steps.

Any help greatly appreciated, cheers,

Peter

Tagged:

Answers

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

Dear Peter van Bennekom,

thanks for your request. In General populating figures inside a ROLAP Cube ist exactly the same as for MOLAP.

Belonging your questions.

1. How do I open the cube so i can set values for ALL members? It is not doing this. When I had a "normal" cube (not rolap) it put values in all members - not so for rolap cubes. 

==> When we talk about DataFlow this is each time running in the active selection of your procedure. Means when          you don´t have selections the DataFlow is working for the whole Database. When your ROLAP Cube don´t find          any Data after the DataFlow, please check the SQL Log. (see attached Picture). Mostly it is Problem due to date               conversion. image2. How do I save this cube (without saving the whole database)? In the screen I can click the green toggle save widget but I have not found the equivalent in the procedure steps.

==> you don´t have to save the Change populated by dataflow separately. This is done for free when the dataflow ended.

Hope it helps.

regards

Alexander Kappes

• Alexander Kappes
    Alexander Kappes Employee
    First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Name Dropper
    edited March 2020
    Options

sorry, had forgotten to insert the Screenshot for the Date Settings inside the ROLAP Cube.