View a schedule

Options

Hello,

I start on Board and I need help.
On my home page, I would like to display the schedule of the budget process.
I wish it were dynamic rather than just a picture.

Would you have a suggestion because technically, I block.

Thanks for your help.

Answers

• Hi Valérie Sauvage,

am I assuming right that your budget process schedule is a list of dates and tasks? Could you provide a screenshot or an Excel example of what you are looking for?

BR, Ray

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Ray Martens,

I was thinking about this type of presentation with the possibility for the administrator to be able to update the dates easily. This element will be in a mask available to all contributors.

What is problematic is the display and updating of dates.
    Modele planning

Valérie

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Valérie Sauvage,

You could use labels with a layout and have a date cube.

How could that look like? Here's the final result:

For that you start with creating the background image (step 0)

I created it with powerpoint then saved a screenshot.

1. Save the image to a file

2. Then add the image to the capsule

3. Add a label

4. Put the image as background of the label (right click on the label, then settings)

5. Remove the text 'label' from the label.

6. Resize the label so it looks good

7. Add a new labels for a date

8. Remove the text label from the new label

9. Set the layout of the label to show a date cube

10. Set the colour of the label font to white

11. Copy paste the label 4 times in order to have a total of 5 date labels and 1 background label

12. Adapt the cubes of the new labels

13. Ensure the new labels for the date display are in front of the background label

14. Move the date labels on top of the background label

Eh voilà

BR, Ray

• Hi Valérie Sauvage

1. Create an entity with members: Directives Budgetaires, Saise Budgetaire etc.

2. Create a date cube with the entity from 1 above

3. Put the cube on a screen in a dataview.  Enable data entry

4. Populate the dates against each entity member

5. Create a screen with 5 dataviews (you can turn these into labels once you have tested)

6. On each dataview add your date cube and add a select (TO) so it only shows the entity member that you want - i.e. Directives Budgetaires in the first one.  Dimension the rows by your new entity.

7. Each dataview will only show one date (row) against each entity member.  You could of course do this in a single dataview on the screen and there would be no need for any selects - but it won't look as good as you proposed screen

8.  To turn the dataviews into labels is straightforward - you just need to add the layouts from the dataviews to the labels.

• Previous Member
    edited March 2020
    Options

And if you want to reproduce the four arrows, there is no such element as MS Office arrows in BOARD.

There are two possibilities:

1. upload the arrow as an image. I don't recommend this because you would need to upload four images in your case, since you have four distinct colours for the arrows.
    2. I would recommend to use "arrow as a text" in simple labels. You need to look for unicode symbols and copy-paste them in a label object, like these examples:

This option avoids to have many images which make at the end the capsule file bigger.

This works only if you have easy forms which exist as character. For complicated forms you can try to play with labels and their background colour, border, rotation, transparency, layering.... or upload images.

If you look for more characters, you can browse this list of links regarding unicode characters in the internet:

• Hello,

I thank you all. All this information is very useful to me.

Have a good day