Time functions in data flow - BOARD 11

Options

Hello everyone,

Does anyone else have issues with time functions in data flows with BOARD 11?

I am using "Yearly Moving Total" (often together with a large cycle for balance sheet values) or "Yearly Cumulated Value" quite often and none of those seem to give me the right result anymore. It looks like it is completely ignoring that setting.

Can anyone confirm this?

Cheers,
Daniel 

Answers

• Hi Daniel Zillmann,

out of curiosity: do any of the affected cubes contain versions for day and for month? Or more generally, for more than one time entity?

BR, Ray

• Daniel Zillmann
    Daniel Zillmann Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
    Options

Hey Ray Martens,

Thanks for the reply. The cubes that I have tested were all by month and a three other non-time entities.

The procedure worked fine before upgrading to BOARD 11, so it must be something with the upgrade.

Cheers,
    Daniel

• Daniel Zillmann
    Daniel Zillmann Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
    Options

Just an update on this, in case anyone comes along this post and has the same problem. It was confirmed that this is a problem in BOARD 11 and it will be fixed with the next version upgrade (July/August).

Cheers,
    Daniel

• Francesco Gorghetto
    Francesco Gorghetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited October 2021
    Options
    Hi Daniel,
    did you solve that issue using Board 12?
    I have same issue using last Board 12.1 version (19 october 2021), seems that was not solved.... I can't copy from cube1 to cube2 using yearly cumulated function, cube1 and cube2 has same dimension and sparsity.... 
    Have you received some advising about it?
    Thank you

------------------------------
    Francesco Gorghetto
    Business Intelligence Consultant
    MHS CONSULTING S.r.l.
    Italy
    -------------------------------------------
  • Dominik Borchert
    Dominik Borchert Customer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2021
    Options
    In our V12 (from 18/08/2021) the data flows that do the cumulation using "Yearly Cumulated Value" functionality in cube a with b = a are currently working. Time range in the data model is based on month (no day or week option is active). a and b have the same structure.

In board v11 we had several (data model related) issues with time functions, cumulation and versions creating a lot of workarounds - it seems to be much better at the moment with V12...

Nevertheless we had several issues with v12 in data flows that worked in v11 but not in v12 anymore. Here it was always about setting the extend calculation on new tuples that was not needed in certain scenarios in V11 but necessary in V12...

Anyway I am very curious if there is a new bug regarding this time functionality in the newest V12 (19/10/2021), since we also think about patching soon...

Dominik Borchert
    Consultant
    Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH
    Germany
  • Steve Pankrath
    Steve Pankrath Customer
    Name Dropper First Anniversary DACH First Comment
    edited October 2021
    Options
    We have faced the same problem with the yearly cumulated time function. It always gave you the entire timeframe of the cube as a cumulated value. I have a workaround, which worked for our setup: I added a time entity to the row or column axis. It was the same with the prev Year value etc.

YCV without time entity:

YCV with time entity:

Thank you

Kind regards

Steve Pankrath
  • Dominik Borchert
    Dominik Borchert Customer
    First Comment 5 Up Votes First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Steve: Which board version are you currently using? In our Version (12.1 from 18/08/2021) the cumulation functionality seems to work...

Dominik Borchert
    Consultant
    Flughafen Berlin Brandenburg GmbH
    Germany
  • Steve Pankrath
    Steve Pankrath Customer
    Name Dropper First Anniversary DACH First Comment
    edited October 2021
    Options
    @Dominik Borchert we are currently on the Spring Release. Thank you for the information, I will test it again with the new release.

Thank you

Kind regards

Steve Pankrath