Day description British / Australian format

Options

Hello community,

We have installed Board on a new Azure cloud server and the day description is giving me a hard time. I have changed the date format on the server to what we need and changed the region to Australia, the description has changed in tables but not for the entity (in selections) itself. I have a selection for the day that our users are using and they would like the correct formatting in the selection as well. It looked fine on my computer where I have developed most of the database, but it changed after I have transferred the database and capsule to the server.

Has anyone else experienced this before?

Thank you for your help!

Daniel

Answers

• Daniel Zillmann
    Daniel Zillmann Active Partner
    First Anniversary Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
    Options

Bjoern, you are a legend!

Thanks, that worked perfectly, should have thought of that myself.

Cheers,

Daniel

• Hi Björn,

I've carried out the suggested steps on our server, but the day entity is still formatted as an American date when viewed in the web client.  Are there any further steps I can take to correct this?

Many thanks,

Jason

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi Jason,

please check in BOARD Win Client -> Sytem -> Security -> Security Profiles which language you have selected. If you have choosen None, the setting of the engine is taken, otherwise the choosen format.

Regards

Björn

• Hi Bjorn,

Yes, the language setting in the security profiles is set to 'English (United Kingdom)' and all the dates are shown correctly in the windows client.  It's just the dates when viewed in the web client that are US format.  Board is self-hosted and the servers are all set to UK Language, as is my local system, and the language settings within Chrome.  I was hoping there may be a setting for the Board WebAPI engine, but I can't see anything in the config related to language or region.

I must be missing something!

Jason

• Just noticed the following in the release notes for version 10.1.3:

Board 10.1.3 Release Notes

• Data-view and Label objects now get the date format from the Client Regional Settings

We're currently on 10.1.2, so I'm going to do an upgrade and see whether this corrects the issue.

Thanks,

Jason

• Upgrading to 10.1.4 fixed this issue - thanks for all your help.