How to know which Datareader populates and Infocube

Options
Unknown
Unknown Active Partner

I´m trying to find if there is an option where I can find which Datareader populates and Infocube without having to open every Datareader individually?

Answers

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Hi, you can use the metadata as described in Consolidated view of Infocubes by Entity. As you have a file for each datareader, you should to concatenate datareader files into one before making joins.

Bye

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    edited March 2020
    Options

I use the metadata extract, but I then just do a straight search for the cube id (V###) on the folder containing the xml files in win explorer and open the 'found' xml to get the DR name.  image

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

As a point of interest, I have been informed that a metadata lookup ability, similar to the tool created by Jan Kaufmann, will be available in BOARD 11.  I have no idea how it will operate but I understand that an active search will be a main feature to enable searches to answer questions like the one posed by Obil Vasquez

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

As part of boardville2018, we got to see a demo of the new user interface. There are a host of new tools for dependency analysis and maintenance coming.