Alert on calculated Label seems not to work in BOARD 10.5 Web

Options

I created a label which I used to show a trend arrow with this formula: if(a>0,"?", if(a<0,"?","→"))

where "a" is a simple numeric cube, which is also part of the label layout. The result type of the formula is set to text. The formula is working correctly and the right arrow is displayed.

If I set an alert on the formula, it will be simply ignored. If I set the alert on the info cube and show it in the label, the alert is correctly applied. It seems an alert on a formula with text type is not working in BOARD 10.5. Unfortunately the option is also missing, to refer to another cube to define the alert.

All of the definitions are carried out in the web client, not in the windows client. Does anyone have the same problem and found a workaround? Thanks in advance!

Best regards Andreas

Tagged:

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Andreas,

I am not aware of a way to color the arrow in 10.5 at the moment, due to the fact that they removed the "alert based on another cube", but I hope that functionality will come back soon.

As workaround, you can use another label (in this case with a big border radius) behind the text label with the arrow to get something like:

All the best,
    Jonathan

• Andreas Schmidt
    Andreas Schmidt Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

Hi Jonathan,

that's a creative solution ;-) Thanks!

I also hope, that the "alert based on another cube" will return soon. I also miss the setting of the data type of a calculation within a data flow. In the windows client I can set the desired return data type. In the web client this setting is missing.

Let's wait and see ;-)

Regards Andreas