BOARD 10.2 and 10.3

Options

Hi, I'm not sure, wether this is the right place for this question.

On the roadmap at Boardville in Baveno, Pietro announced BOARD 10.2 for May 2018 and 10.3 for July 2018. Currently 10.1.4 is the latest version. Is there a new roadmap? What are the reasons for the delay? Thanks!

Answers

• Etienne CAUSSE
    Options

Same question here, we had set up an internal organization to manage the updates but now this looks complicated... any news on the new release dates would be helpful !

• dirk magerkord
    Options

It's the same for me here!
    Unfortunately I don't get any information about an upcoming release. Neither about the time, nor about any contents and/or changes that could help me in my planning.
    Does anyone here have any information they would like to share with us?

It's a bit sad that you have to beg for any information!

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

hello

Same problem for me

I heard that 10.2 is skipped and the 10,3 will come out by the end of July, let's see if it's true.

I think that Board international should share more information, even if there's a delay for the release.

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Hi Daniele Di Lorenzo, Andreas Schmidt, Etienne CAUSSE

As you said: "I think that Board international should share more information, even if there's a delay for the release."

You're absolutely right, of course!

Open communication has never hurt anyone. Even if there are delays (for whatever reason), open communication helps to avoid misunderstandings!

In any case, there is another way to be customer-friendly!

It would also be nice if a BOARD employee could comment on these questions. But I have already made several attempts to get information here in this forum. So far unfortunately: No picture, no sound! Only white noise!

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hello,

BOARD Version 10.3 is current in testing. According to the results it will be released end of July/Beginning of August

Regards
    Björn

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Thanks!

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Thank you for the quick reply!
    This makes the case clearer, at least as far as the timeframe is concerned.
    Do you have any information about the changes and news in Board 10.3?

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi Dirk,

short answer: Yes, I have ; )

Long answer: 10.3 will have the features announced in BOARD Ville. There are many changes on HTML5 side (improvements) and also the server sided enhancements from 10.2

regards

Björn

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Hi Björn,

First of all: Thank you very much for the quick answer!

We're getting a little closer to the matter here ;-)

I would say that your short answer is short enough, your long answer could have been a little longer.

To get this over with: Is there somewhere the possibility for me to get further information than : Yes, there are changes/news. Or are the announced features TOP SECRET?

I can imagine that not all BOARD users could participate in the BOARDVILLE (unfortunately I am one of them, but I promise improvement!).

Sorry I'm so persistent here, but I'm actually just approaching new things well prepared and informed. And so far the upcoming release is a black box for me.

If you can't help me out, maybe you can tell me who I can talk to.

regards

Dirk

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

long story short, 10.3 will have some pretty useful printing and exporting functions for html5 Client and user administration possibilitly. Futhermore there are a lot of enhancements regarding speed and robustness. For server side changes (from 10.2) starting from those version DataReader can run in parallel with other action (and not only subsquent)

regards

Björn

• Hi, Björn Reuber, dirk magerkord

There was a document published to all Boardville 2018 attendees by Antonio Speca, ("The way to B11.pdf"). This is a very useful document for all Board users planning for upgrades regardless whether they attended the conference.

Is there any reason why this cannot be released to all the members of the Boardville community here? e.g. published under 'Resources'?

Rgds

Robert

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi Robert,

unfortunatly I can't answer you, why this specific document isn't posted here. Maybe you can ask the Ressource Administrators for details on this

regards

Björn

• dirk magerkord
    Options

Thank you Björn,
    since the question actually came from me, I will ask the resource administrators to publish the document!

• Peter van Bennekom
    Options

Björn Reuber Is release 10.3 still on schedule for beginning of August?

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

as far as I know, yes

regards

Björn

• Andreas Schmidt
    Andreas Schmidt Active Partner
    First Comment First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options

BOARD 10.3 is now available. Thanks ;-)