Set the landing page for a user based on their log in details

Options

Hi Guys

Is it possible to set the landing page for a user based on their log in details?

For example:

Sharon, the CEO want to go straight to her executive dashboard after she clicks 'Log in with my Windows Account', whereas Bob, the Team Leader want to go straight to the tabular payroll data for his team when he clicks 'Log in with my Windows Account'.

Any ideas or solutions?

Best Regards

Andrew

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi

there is also a further option.

you can provide different URI to the Users, depending on their Jobposition, which are containing the link to the Capsule they should open on login.

So CFO will open

http://BOARD_Server/#/screen/?capsulePath=ExecutiveDashboard.cpsx

while a Teamleader will open

http://BOARD_Server/#/screen/?capsulePath=Team_Payroll.cpsx

Regards

Björn

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Another option might be to make use of Label Visibility and/or Label Enabled.  All users would arrive at the same screen, but they can then only select one or more labels (that when clicked will take them to their personal screens). Of course each label needs to be linked to a procedure that takes you to another screen.

Which labels can be used by each user can be triggered by maybe a user Entity (e.g. User 1, User 2 etc.).  You might also use a Custom Selection Script to enforce the correct User name when you log in.

When User 4 logs in below, he/she can only click on the three buttons that I have highlighted:

• Thanks for your response Helmut Heimann - very helpful.

• Thanks Phil Marshall - this looks well worth me investigating further.

• Brendan Broughton
    Brendan Broughton Active Partner
    Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary First Comment
    Options

Similar to option 2/3 proposed by Helmut Heimann  but you can avoid the requirement for a procedure through use of the 'action value' in the label layout.  This makes it easier to administer and allows it to be done by a power/lite+ user as it doesn't require editing of procedures.

This just requires a text cube containing the relevant screen name(s) (for whatever level you need, by user or related/grouped entity).  Clicking the label will take the user to the screen with the name that is showing in the 'action value' block.

You could then have a single capsule which contains all screens, and different 'home screen' versions for different user types, and make use of this action value in a label to jump the user to their relevant home screen when they click the label.  The only additional thing needed to be maintained is the cube used for the 'action value' block.

• Thanks Brandan