Excel Export - Selection

Options

Hello,

does someone know a way to transfer the selection informations of a screen to excel by excel eport?

Hendrik

Answers

• Samuele Marchetto
    Samuele Marchetto Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2020
    Options

I think that the only way to do it is writing "@Selection" in layout title. If you use the client, you can add a layout in your report that shows only the title of the layout (create a layout with only a hidden block, without entity by row and not showing the total)

when you export the screen (not only the layout) in Excel a sheet is created showing the selection. 

• Thank you, but if I use the time selector like from 01.01.2018 till 28.02.2018 the selection only shows day: 59/2922. This is the number of the selected items. Is it possible to get both dates in the excel export?

• Samuele Marchetto
    edited March 2020
    Options

In this case you could create a cube "date" detailed by Day. For each day write the same date into the cube. When you show this cube in a report by day, the row of the total show the range.

(in this example the cube is by Article, you have to use one by Day).

It should be better if Board could show the selection in a native way, but it works.

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

have you tried to use "@Selection_EX" instead of "@Selection" or "@Day"? Maybe this would be a possible solution

Regards

Björn

• Samuele Marchetto
    Options

Hi Michele Roscelli, Selection_Ex could be a fine solution, but I noticed that if I use in a Layout Title, it works only if the selection is defined into the layout and not consider the selection of the screen. I tested in 10.1.2. Is it a bug? Moreover, Selection_Ex display the range of the Day only if I make selection on Day entities, if i select months, it doesn't work.

Bye

• Hi Michele,

thank you for the great solution!!

But I have the same problem like marcsamu. Do you have a solution for this, too? Actually I use the version 9.0.4. but in version 10.1.4 it is the same.

Kind regards

Hendrik

• Unknown
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Samuele Marchetto and Hendrik Hellwig,

When used in a block or layout, @Selection_EX is automatically locked on that element.
    One thing you can do, is to use an "selection injection" procedure into one of the blocks so that you can display the selection on the header.
    The procedure step is in the Layout tab. What you need to do is to apply the date range selection into one  of the blocks with the @selection_ex using range on days, and it will display properly.

Hope this helps

Michele

• Samuele Marchetto
    Options

Hi Michele Roscelli, thank you, I would prefer that Selection_Ex could work into block heading without having to launch any procedure before. Do you think it could be available in future Board versions?

Bye