workflow

Options
Hi
 is it possible to make a condition on the selection. like if user is planner do this otherwise don't do this.
  my case: I have a user_type (entity) contains planner, manager as members .
    I created 2 users called user1 & user2.
    for user1 I made security selection in the security profile and I selected planner
    for user2 I made security selection in the security profile and I selected manager
    and I have procedure called "open_plan" for plan initialization.
    my requirement when user1 log in he should be able to initialize the plan and when user2 login it should throw error that "u can't initialize"
 please suggest me how make condition on selection.  Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Unknown
    Unknown Active Partner
    Options

If you have access to the eLearning tools, I recommend watching the Security and @User video. It should explain how to create a relationship to allow you to control this behavior.

Security and @User (Requires eLearning Access)

https://boardeducation.talentlms.com/unit/view/id:2335 

• Gerrit Kohrs
    Gerrit Kohrs Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi Niharika Kakarla,

when you click "Export Users List" in the security Settings, you will generate a TXT-File, which you can save for example in the "Dataset" folder.

Taking this as a reference, you can build a User-Tree in the Board database, that includes the profile information. Next step is to create an ASCII data reader and import the data from the CSV-File. Now you can see in your application, which user is assigned to which profile.

Next, you set up a cube that has the Profile as entity. Now in this cube you enter different values for the profiles (for example 10 for the planner and 20 for the manager). Now you can use the "if-then-else" functionality in a procedure and configure two groups with different steps. Depending on the user profile, either the steps in Group 1 will be executed or the steps in Group 2. This way you can let the users jump to different screens, allow different actions etc. In your example, the planner would execute the initialization in Group 1, while the second group that the manager will be guided to, will only show a message like "Sorry, your security settings do not allow…".

This strategy gives you a ton of possibilities, but you have to remember to always export the user list and run the data reader after you have changed something in the security settings.

Hope this helps - looking forward to your feedback!

Kind regards,

Gerrit

• hi..  Gerrit Kohrs

It worked. I got the appropriate result. Thanks for your help.

• Gerrit Kohrs
    Gerrit Kohrs Active Partner
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Up Votes 5 Likes
    Options

Perfect - happy to hear that!

Enjoy your weekend!