Issues when using the new webclient version 10.3.

Options

Hi all

Having some issues when using the new webclient version 10.3.

It seems as when using an "Interactive selection" after a "Select Entity based on cube" it does not really apply the interactive selection but instead uses all entities from the based on cube? When using the BoardWinClient it works as expected. Anyone else having this issue and already have a solution?

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi Aila,

in 10.3 the selection is displayed in a different way, but the same elements should still be selected.

In new version the elements, which have been selected by SBO step (on same entity) are "ticked" now (so you can see the checkbox). In old webclient the lemebts only were grey highlighted

regards

Björn

• Aila Strub
    Options

Yes, I have noticed that there is now a tick mark on all but this are not removed when selecting with an Interactive selection. I want to run on only the interactive selected entity and not on all as it is doing now. As it is set up now with not being able to put breakpoints and seing the steps +  selection this is only a assumption but I have crashed the system 3 times already when run in webClient, but working perfectly when run in BoardWinClient.

Br

Aila

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

I think the best owuld be to discuss the case with your consultant. Cause accoridng to my understanding also after running a SBO step in HTML5 client the behavior is now differnt (also from win client). In past/win client the selected elements where highlighted with grey background and if you click on one elment this was getting active and all others where set to inactive. Now in HTML5 board allwys displays the checkox marked (nevertheless if it was slected due to interactivce selection on this level) or due ot normal selection. So clicking on one element will de-check this and all others will stay checked.

From my point of view I cant tell if this is an issue or only a changed behaviour

regards

Björn

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

This response does not help in resolving this issue, however...

I think a change of, previously understood, behaviour that has not been fully explained, which does not provide a choice and so results in unexpected behaviour where once the outcome was understood, constitutes an issue (wow, sorry about the sub-clauses #smiley-face#).  

From my point of view I cant tell if this is an issue or only a changed behaviour

Platform upgrades such as 10.3 are welcome but they should be implemented and documented so that  developers can also implement and document changes to the client.

I really love BOARD BI but feel that I am made to run uphill on each update.