Adjust Relationship data by procedure

Options

Hi,

I have the following case:

I have an Employee/HR dashboard containing the entities subsidiary (A & B) and sales office (1 & 2).

After loading data from the server I have the following picture:

Employees of subsidiary A & B are all assigned to Sales Office 1. The problem is that this is not 100% correct, which relates back to our backend database. I know it should be fixed there, but this is not easy, that's why I am looking for a way to adjust entitiy assignment via procedure.

What I would like to do is to use the following criteria:

- If employees are in subsidiary B the entity should be sales office 2. If employees are in subsidiary 1 they should be assigned to sales office 1.

Hope my example is clear. General questions is if it is possible to adjust entities automatically by a procedure using predefined selectors. If so how can I do that? 

Thanks

Mathias

Answers

• Björn Reuber
    Björn Reuber Employee
    Community Captain First Answer First Anniversary 5 Up Votes
    edited March 2020
    Options

Hi,

I think you can easily reach this with a new Procedure, 2 DataReader and some ETL stuff OR a change in your Datamodel

Solution 1) Procedure

1. Export Tree Employmee
    2. Create DR on hte Exported file and use ETL for Sales office (if Subsidiary is set to A than 1, ....)

Solution 2) Change DataModel

Right now it seems to be

But maybe

would be better for your case. So just load Employee and Subsidary and use a Normalize to create the relationship for the sales office

Regards

Björn

• Hi Björn,

very helpful. Solution 1 was exactly what I was looking for and it seems to work

Thanks a lot

Mathias