Is there a solution for completely individual column headers?

Options
Hannes Keller
Hannes Keller Customer
First Comment 5 Likes First Anniversary
edited April 2020 in Platform

Hey,

is there a solution yet to show only what I want in a column header? I do not want to show the "2018" because behind that is a reference year 2017. Is it possible not to show the 2018?

Thanks,

Hannes Keller

Answers

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Hi Hannes.  Are you referring to the defaulted header titles which appear as soon as you create and add a cube a dataview, with an entity aligned by column?  If so, no - I don't think so.

In these instances I use a workaround, like a headerless dataview for the data and a 'false' header structure, usually a custom cube, on top to show customised headings; the custom cube allows me to more easily control the column widths of both objects.

Unless anyone else knows a way, I hope at least I've helped you to know that there is not a simple 'overtype' solution to your question.

• Hannes Keller
    Options

Hey Paul,

thank you for your replay. I think you are right about the defaulted header, which my problem is. I have no entities aligned in column but have references on year (detailed by) and a specific year.

I am not sure what you mean with headerless dataview and "false" header structure as well as custom cube. But I have not tried such things a lot so I might just dont know it yet. 

• Paul Wyatt
    Options

Using References, it is not possible to replace the member title with a custom one.  So long as I know how many columns I have 5, 10, [n] and that the number is fixed, I can create a custom entity/cube structure to sit above my dataview.  So, if I had 10 fixed columns, I would do this:

• Create an entity [Fake Title]
    • Add the following members as follows

1 - [blank]

2 - [blank]

3 - [blank]

10 - [blank]

• Enter no of cilumns in MAX ITEM NR
    • Create a cube [Fake Title cube]
    • Add the entity [Fake title]
    • Create an Admin Screen
    • Create a dataview
    • Add Cube [Fake Title cube]
    • Add the only entity [Fake Title] to the column axis
    • Select dataentry [x]
    • You should now have a dataview with a single blank but yellow row.
    • Type the custom titles into the yellow numbered columns - if no numbers, switch entity from default to code.
    • Save the entries.
    • Copy the dataview
    • Return to your working screen and screen Hide the header
    • Reduce the far left column to minimum = invisible on web
    • Now set column width to that of target dataview and position on top - you may also need to set it to the back so as not to interfere with operation of source dataview.

hide the headers of the fake title dataview.

I think that's the correct sequence - was this any good to you?  Again, it is only useful for non-dynamic dataviews where the number of columns remains fixed and the data in them matches the fake title you have set.

• Hannes Keller
    Options

Thank you again Paul for your ideas. I have not tried yet to use an individual entity to produce standard headers. But will keep that in mind for further, maybe more standardized, layouts.