Data Model restore - idea for improvements

Options
Daniele Di Lorenzo
edited September 2021 in Idea Exchange
PROBLEM:
B10 Web:
1) When I click on "restore data model" I see the list of all db backups, and choosing another data model the one I want to restore is completely replaced by the other one (except the name). This could happen by mistake.

2) I cannot access to this function if the database is corrupted and access denied for admin only. And this is the most frequent case when the restore is needed.

WORKAROUND
I'll continue to use the Client for restore actions.
Or, from the web: delete the corrupted db from the folder, create a new one with the same name, restore the backup

IDEAS
1) Set the Restore option also as general action, as in Board Client

2) In the "restore" option from DB menu add a search box to easily view all versions of desired db and reduce the risk to choose another db by mistake

2 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper
    Options

Thank you for sharing your insightful suggestion with us, Daniele. Your time and effort are genuinely valued. 

While we're not proceeding with your idea at the moment, this decision is based on our updated product enhancement and idea lifecycle processes, introduced in 2023 (details in our Idea Exchange FAQs). 

Despite this, if you believe your idea still holds relevance, we invite you to resubmit it for review under the new guidelines. We're dedicated to offering the best user experience and prioritizing features and enhancements that significantly impact everyday usage of our software. 

Your input is crucial to our community, and we sincerely appreciate your participation. Please keep those creative ideas and feedback coming – we always look forward to hearing from you. 

Thank you again for your understanding and continued support.

PS: Please do have a look at the Idea Exchange FAQs to know more:  https://community.board.com/kb/articles/1095-idea-exchange-faqs