Recent Colors in Object Color Menu

Hamza Mesbahi
Hamza Mesbahi Employee
April Badge of the Month 5 Likes First Comment Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board
edited April 2023 in Idea Exchange

Hi fellow Boardies,

This is a suggestion for what may seem like a small, minor feature that I think could end up saving developers quite a bit of time during front-end development of an application. Frankly, I’m not exactly sure why it hasn’t been made available up to this point (but I’m no software developer, so excuse any ignorance on that end!).

Situation:
Anytime you go to change the color of an object, its font, border, etc. you have to either manually paste the rgba code in the color menu, manually find the appropriate color to select, or use the copy/past format feature to use another object's color. However, when you’re developing the UI/UX of any application you find yourself having to format hundreds of objects. Since often times a color palette is used throughout to maintain visual consistency, that means is we find ourselves pasting the same handful of rgba color codes multiple times for each object (especially in the beginning when you are just setting up the front-end and don't have as many objects formatted with the desired colors already).

Idea:
Similar to most front-end application editors, have a “Recent Colors” section in the colors menus to show the handful of colors that were recently used on other objects in the application.

It's a small item, but I think for some us it could improve the UX from a developer standpoint.

Thanks for your consideration!

10 votes

Archived · Last Updated

Comments

• Product Management Team
    Product Management Team Employee, Group Leader
    First Comment 5 Likes Name Dropper Photogenic

Thank you for sharing your idea, @Hamza Mesbahi.

We appreciate the time and effort you put into crafting your suggestion, and we understand that it can be disappointing to hear that we won't be pursuing it at this time. 

We are committed to delivering the best possible experience to our customers, and we must prioritize the features and enhancements that will have the most significant impact on your daily use of our software. 
    While we won't be moving forward with your suggestion, we want you to know that we value your input and appreciate your contribution to our community. We encourage you to continue submitting your ideas and suggestions in the future, as we are always open to hearing new perspectives and feedback.