Capsule screen refresh directs on Capsule's homepage

Options
Yvon Bobard
Yvon Bobard Active Partner
First Anniversary Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Photogenic
edited June 2023 in Platform

Hello dear Board Community,

Here is a little issue we face regarding one of our application :

• We have a first capsule in which we navigate through the screens, and when we refresh the web page (via browser) we fall back on the same screen=> Expected behaviour ✅
  • We have a second capsule that behaves differently: when we refresh a screen, we always land on the capsule's home screen...! ❌

Have you ever noticed this behavior? 

Do you know why it occurs and how to adjust it if necessary?

NB : We encounter the behaviour no matter what browser is used

NB 2 : After investigations, I think I found a link between this behaviour and the "Hide Screen list" capsule setting that was activated in the unruly capsule. Now looking for a suitable workaround …

Answers

• Thomas Kreis
    Thomas Kreis Employee
    Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights First Answer 5 Likes
    edited June 2023
    Options

Hi Yvon,

yes, this behaviour occurs when the screen list is hidden in the capsule properties. So your second capsule probably has the screenlist hidden. Furthermore the behaviour also depends on the kind of refresh you are doing.

Using the browser refresh leads to the behaviour you have described. But using the procedure step "Refresh screen" or simply pressing F5 should not result in returning to the home screen.

So I would strongly recommend to use the board functionalities or F5 for refreshing a screen instead of a browser refresh.

Best regards

Thomas

• Leone Scaburri
    Options

Dear @Yvon Bobard,

in case of hidden screenlist for security reason users cannot land directly on a desired screen but should use configured navigation from home page.