Badge of the Month: September

Miran Saric
Miran Saric Employee
100 Likes 10 Comments August Badge of the Month New Community Member
admin
edited September 30 in Blog

Summer is in the rearview mirror and with that comes the push to end the second half of the year strong!

Thanks to our many August badge earners for their contributions, @Nico Weber, @Crystal Zhao, @Rishabh Shahi, @Zayaan Wasif, @Mindy Waltz, and @Miran Saric. As always, the Community is better because of your contributions,

We'll be announcing our next round of Community Captains soon—stay tuned! If you're interested in joining the ranks of our Captains, please comment 'I'm interested' below, and we'll follow up with you directly. Participating in the Badge of the Month program is a great way to achieve your annual give-back for the Captain program!

It's not too late to participate. Check out these previous Badge of the Month opportunities:

September question of the month

What is one thing you learned recently about using Board that others might find useful?

It could be something big and transformative, or it could be a minor feature that improved your day-to-day Board experience. Share your tips with the rest of Community in the comments below and get yourself a brand new September badge!

Comments

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    admin

That's great, thanks for sharing, @Crystal Zhao!

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    admin

Thanks so much for sharing, @Rishabh Shahi!

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    admin

Incredibly useful, thank you for sharing that @Nico Weber!

• Shisong
    Shisong Active Partner, Community Captain
    5 Answers 10 Comments September Badge of the Month Photogenic

There's a lovely function called "Screen fit". With it, I can open two browser tabs to have a side-by-side view. This is especially useful when you want to track the pre-and-post of data entry.

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    admin

Super helpful! Thanks @Shisong and @Carlos Eduardo Meneses Maran!

• Holly Rieke
    Holly Rieke Employee
    100 Likes 10 Comments New Community Member DACH
    admin

I'm loving all these key learnings from everyone! Keep 'em coming!

• Lucas Charello
    Lucas Charello Active Partner, Community Captain
    25 Likes 10 Comments 25 Up Votes October Badge of the Month
    edited September 11

I learned recently that many Excel formulas to manipulate strings will work on Board Dataflows, even if they are not referenced on Board Documentation. We can even use wild card characters in some of them, which is very useful. Generally you have to shift ";" from Excel formula to "," in order to make it work on Board.

Examples that I used today:

• Len(a): "a" is a cube with data in text format. As on Excel, this function returns the number of characters of the cell.
    • Search("ello*",a): "a" is again a text data cube. This function returns the position of the first character you looked for. The * is the wild card for any text coming after.
    • Those are referenced ⇒ Left and Right(a,1): Very known function to show a number of characters. Also work if 1 is a cube with a value.

Known referenced algorithms can be found here.

• Miran Saric
    Miran Saric Employee
    admin

Thanks for the insight, @Lucas Charello!