Chart on Screen using other Database/time selection

Options

Good morning everyone!

I have a screen with 4 charts. One of them is using a different database.

The problem now is, if i´m making a time selection on my timebar, that chart

is still using the time selection from the other database and its not changing.

How can I manage this? 

Thanks for your help again and have a nice day !

Answers

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

Hi Antoni Theodorou,

you should try the option "Multi Database" (see here Screen properties for details) on your screen as described here: What is the Select function .

Kind Regards,

Helmut

• "Selections made on one database do not affect other databases, or otherwise said, each Select applies to one database only." 

So in my case that means i cannot control 2 databases on one screen with just one selector or time bar etc?

• Helmut Heimann
    Options

That's correct, each database has its own entities and although they might have the same name (and even members) the system will allways treat them as being different.

• Daniele Di Lorenzo
    Options

Yes, you cannot control 2 databases on one screen with just one selector or time bar etc.

But you can set the referece db of the selector or timebar, so you can place 1 selector by each database on the same entity. But in any case the user shoud apply the selection 2 times

Alternative solutions:

- change the model: merge all data needed for such report in a unique db

- set a flag and a procedure that propagate such flag in all databases, and set a dynamic selection based on it

hope this helps

• Björn Reuber
    Options

Hi,

if both screens share some rolap cubes (on "to select Entity" and User) you also can create a procedure for this.

Just set the cube in the first DB using a DF (if the cube doenst have the user entity the process can'T be exectured with different users at the same time). On the 2nd DB just use a rolap cube (based on the same table) for SBO procedure step

regards

Björn

• I think something to connect/synchronize two pagers from different databases via name or ID would be definitely useful. Is this not yet an idea?