Session expired (reason: 0x0419)

Options
Timur I
Timur I Active Partner
Name Dropper First Comment First Anniversary

I encounter periodic session expiration with message "Session expired (reason: 0x0419)".

I lose some of unsaved work.

What is the reason for this? How I can turn it off?

Answers

• Simone Ginepro
    Options

Hi,

try to change your configuration file WebApi Server\App_Data\config\appSettings.config in the line <add key="host" value="PUT YOUR IP ADDRESS" and not your hostname.

• Samson Sunny
    Samson Sunny Employee
    First Anniversary April Badge of the Month Community Captain February Badge of the Month
    edited March 21
    Options

Hi @Timur I ,

This could be related to the session expiration settings in the Board Engine. Check the session expiration setting in the Board Engine params.xml file.

For on-premise you can check the Board Engine params.xml file in the path- C:\Program Files\Board\Board Server\BoardEngineParams.xml and check if the EnableSessionExpiration is set to true or false

When the parameter is set to True, all the users who are inactive for 1 hour/3600 seconds (default) will be automatically deactivated.

If set to false that means there is no set expiration timeout.

If the customer is on cloud you would need to raise a case to the cloud ops to check this settings.

Also do check another discussion on the session expiration settings in the community- Link

• Florian Deutsch
    Florian Deutsch Active Partner
    5 Up Votes First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

Are you on-prem and using IIS with Board 12.6?

Or the Board WebAPI Engine service?

• Timur I
    Timur I Active Partner
    Options

I have checked the BoardEngineParams EnableSessionExpiration has "false" value.

• Timur I
    Timur I Active Partner
    Options

I am on-prem with Board WebAPI Engine service

• YP
    YP Active Partner
    First Comment Level 200: Leveraging Board for Business Insights Level 100: Foundations of Building in Board First Anniversary
    edited April 22
    Options

Hello,

Are you still having this issue? We have also encountered a similar issue when using IIS with multiple bindings. The Content-Security-Policy header was blocking the SilentRefreshFrame used to refresh session state. This can be inspected when using developper tools in Google Chrome.